Re: (Solved) Linux router responds to any ARP query when iproute2 xfrm policies are configured for an IPSec tunnel. What's going on?

From: Jarkko Oranen
Date: Fri Jan 17 2020 - 11:50:10 EST

Hi,

hopefully I got the In-Reply-To header right.

Turns out that while I thought I had disabled charon's fake-arp plugin, it was silently loading configuration from /etc/strongswan/charon I didn't expect it to load and despite the plugin being enabled, it made no indication that this is the case. I'll leave this here for Google in case someone else stubs their toe on this.

Sorry for the noise.

--

Jarkko