Re: Making linkat() able to overwrite the target

From: Omar Sandoval
Date: Fri Jan 17 2020 - 11:22:05 EST

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 11:42:55AM +0000, David Howells wrote:
> Hi Omar,
>
> Do you still have your AT_REPLACE patches? You said that you'd post a v4
> series, though I don't see it. I could make use of such a feature in
> cachefiles inside the kernel. For my original question, see:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=fscache-iter
>
> And do you have ext4 support for it?

Hi,

Yes I still have those patches lying around and I'd be happy to dust
them off and resend them. I don't have ext4 support. I'd be willing to
take a stab at ext4 once Al is happy with the VFS part unless someone
more familiar with ext4 wants to contribute that support.

Thanks for reviving interesting in this!