Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the arm-soc tree

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Thu Jan 16 2020 - 14:59:02 EST

On 1/12/20 4:38 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Olof,
>
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 11:59:58 -0800 Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the report. Time to automate this at our end, we've had a
>> few too many of these slip through all the way to you lately.
>>
>> Where do you keep your scripts that you catch these things with? Do
>> you have a writeup of the checks you do? I should add it to my
>> automation once and for all.
>
> I should export my linux-next scripts as a git repo, but I haven't (yet) :-(
>
> Attached pleas find check_commits which I run after fetching each tree
> and pass the changed commit range. This, in turn, runs check_fixes
> (also attached).

This is definitively very useful, and after being burned by improper
Fixes: tag recently, I ended modifying your check_fixes script and
putting in my list of pre-commit scripts to run with a wrapper around,
although that required making a few modifications:

- add an optional second parameter to let you specify a hook mode which
derives the git tree from the current directory

- added negative return codes upon error

- added a "did you mean" when the SHA1 cannot be found but the subject
was correct

I am not sure what is the intention of the target_subject vs. subject
check as it seems to always fail for me when using a commit that I used
as a test for the script, e.g.:

subject: net: systemport: Simplify queue mapping logic
target_subject: net: systemport: Fixed queue mapping in internal ring map

under what circumstances do you have both subjects match?

Cheers
--
Florian