Re: [RFC] simple_recursive_removal()

From: Al Viro
Date: Fri Nov 15 2019 - 14:42:09 EST

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 06:42:09PM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
> Come to think of that, if we use IS_DEADDIR as "no more additions" marking,
> that looks like a good candidate for all in-kernel rm -rf on ramfs-style
> filesystems without cross-directory renames. This bit in kill_it() above
> if victim is regular
> __debugfs_file_removed(victim)
> would be an fs-specific callback passed by the caller, turning the whole
> thing into this:

Umm... A bit more than that, actually - the callback would be
void remove_one(struct dentry *victim)
{
if (d_is_reg(victim))
__debugfs_file_removed(victim);
simple_release_fs(&debugfs_mount, &debugfs_mount_count);
}
and the caller would do
simple_pin_fs(&debug_fs_type, &debugfs_mount, &debugfs_mount_count);
simple_recursive_removal(dentry, remove_one);
simple_release_fs(&debugfs_mount, &debugfs_mount_count);