Re: Question about "asm/rwonce.h: No such file or directory"

From: Xiao Yang
Date: Wed Nov 13 2019 - 03:36:26 EST

On 11/13/19 3:53 PM, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:17 PM Xiao Yang <ice_yangxiao@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/13/19 2:57 PM, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
Sorry, I really do not understand what you are doing.

include/linux/compiler.h is only for kernel-space.
Shrug if a user-land program includes it.
Hi Masahiro,

For building tools/bpf, it is good to fix the compiler error by Daniel's
patch(i.e. use linux/filter from linux header).

linux/compiler.h may be used by other code in kernel. Is it possible to
trigger the same error when the other code

including linux/compiler.h is built? Is this kind of code able to find
the location of <asm/rwonce.h>?

<asm/rwonce.h> is also kernel-only header.

The kernel code can find <asm/rwonce.h>, but user-land code cannot.

Hi Masahiro,

Sorry, I am not familar with it.

Thanks a lot for your explanation and I have seen the LINUXINCLUDE variable in Makefile.

I will try to send a patch as Daniel suggested.

Best Regards,

Xiao Yang

Best Regards,

Xiao Yang