Re: [patch V2 09/16] x86/ioperm: Move TSS bitmap update to exit to user work

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 12 2019 - 12:46:51 EST

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 9:42 AM Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right. But your diff tool *said* the diff was in
> exit_to_usermode_loop(). Can you look at your .gitconfig and see if
> you have something weird going on?

I think it's just that the pattern to find "start of new function" is
confused by the "__visible" or something.

Don't rely too much on the function names in the diff headers. They
can be confused by labels, or just by other things. I think it ends up
being "does the line start with alphabetic character" that is the
heuristic for "this is a function header".

Linus