Re: [GIT PULL] interconnect changes for 5.5

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Thu Nov 07 2019 - 09:21:18 EST

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 02:46:53PM +0200, Georgi Djakov wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> This is a pull request with interconnect patches for the 5.5 merge window.
> All patches have been for a while in linux-next without reported issues. The
> details are in the signed tag. Please consider pulling into char-misc-next.

I don't know about
0003-interconnect-Disallow-interconnect-core-to-be-built-.patch here.
Shouldn't you just fix up the dependancies of subsystems that rely on
this? We are moving more and more to kernels that "just work" with
everything as modules, even on arm64 systems. So forbiding the
interconnect code from being able to be built as a module does not feel
good to me at all.

Same for
0007-interconnect-Remove-unused-module-exit-code-from-cor.patch, we are
adding module_init/exit() calls to modules, do not remove them!

Can you drop those two patches and resend? Or I can just take these out
of the pull request and apply the rest as patches for now, if that's
easier for you to handle.

thanks,

greg k-h