Re: tcp: Checking a kmemdup() call in tcp_time_wait()

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Oct 14 2019 - 13:20:06 EST

> This is coding style for newly submitted code.
>
> We do not refactor code to the latest coding style, this would cost a lot.

Were any update candidates left over also in this function implementation?

>> How do you think about to return an error code like â-ENOMEMâ at this place?
>
> tcp_time_wait() is void,

Can the function return type be eventually changed?

> the caller won't care.

Will any other software developers (and source code reviewers) start to
care more for unchecked function calls?

> I told you time_wait is best effort.

Can this approach still be improved another bit?

> What is the problem you want to solve _exactly_ ?

I became curious if the software situation can be adjusted around
a possibly ignored return value from a call of a function like kmemdup().

Regards,
Markus