ARM Juno r1 + CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING=y => boot failure

From: Marek Szyprowski
Date: Fri Oct 11 2019 - 05:26:08 EST

Hi

Recently I've got access to ARM Juno R1 board and did some tests with
current mainline kernel on it. I'm a bit surprised that enabling
CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING causes a boot failure on this board. After enabling
this Kconfig option, I get no single message from the kernel, although I
have earlycon enabled.

I've did my test with default defconfig and current linux-next,
v5.4-rc1, v5.3 and v4.19. In all cases the result is the same. I'm
booting kernel using a precompiled uboot from Linaro release and TFTP
download.

Is this a known issue? Other ARM64 boards I have access to (Samsung TM2e
and RaspberryPi3) boots fine with the same kernel image.

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski, PhD
Samsung R&D Institute Poland