Re: [RFC] Makefiles in scripts dir needs to move one place

From: Bhaskar Chowdhury
Date: Mon Sep 30 2019 - 10:27:04 EST

On 10:18 Mon 30 Sep 2019, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 01:40:41PM +0530, Bhaskar Chowdhury wrote:

Hey Greg ,

Absolute trivialities, but might break few scripts, but make things
clean..

We have so many *Makefile.* cluttering in the top level scripts dir.
Can we please move those in one place, means create a dir and put all
of them in it.

Why? What would that help with?

Cleanliness of that directory. Nothing else,kinda organized way.YMMV

And call those in the scripts with that dir preceded . Kindly , let me
know how awful that would be.

I can not parse these sentances, sorry.

:) All , I was trying to say that , the path to the makefile inside the
scripts will add that directory to the existing path.
Say, present is like /foo/bar/hoo that will become /foo/moo/bar/hoo

that "moo" directory will holds all the makefiles.

Okay, as I said ,in top of the mail this is absolute trivialities.

Bhaskar