Re: spi: Add call to spi_slave_abort() function when spidev driver is released

From: Lukasz Majewski
Date: Thu Sep 26 2019 - 18:39:25 EST

Hi Mark, Geert,

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 04:06:45PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

> > > TBH, I don't know. Is it realistic that there are multiple
> > > opens?
>
> > I'm using on my setup only one test program to use /dev/spidevX.Y
> > and /dev/spidevA.B (loopback with wired connection).
>
> > However, you also shall be able to connect via ssh and run the same
> > setup in parallel...
>
> It doesn't seem entirely realistic, but I can imagine cases like
> fork()/exec() where we end up with two copies of the file open
> but end up immediately closing one.
>
> > > That means the abort is called only for the last user.
> > > And only if the underlying device still exists. Which means that
> > > if it has disappeared (how can that happen? spidev unbind?),
>
> > In my case, I just disconnect some SPI signals and the test program
> > just hangs. I do need to ctrl+c to stop it (or use timeout).
>
> > From my debugging the .release callback is called each time the
> > program is aborted (either with ctrl+c or timeout).
>
> Should be on file close IIRC.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Maybe, it would be sufficient for now to move the spi_slave_abort() in
spi_release() before we decrease (spidev->users--) the use count?

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

--

DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: lukma@xxxxxxx