Re: WARN_ON_ONCE in qla2x00_status_cont_entry

From: Daniel Wagner
Date: Thu Sep 26 2019 - 03:55:46 EST

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 06:33:35PM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On 2019-09-25 05:39, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> > So I after starring on the code I am not sure if the WARN_ON_ONCE is
> > correct. It assumes that after processing one status continuation,
> > there is no more work. Though it looks like there is another element
> > to process. Is it possible that two sense continuation are possible?
>
> According to the firmware documentation it is possible that multiple
> status continuations are emitted by the firmware. Do you want to submit
> a patch or do you prefer that I do this myself?

I just send out a patch, which removes the WARN_ON_ONCE. This solves
the obvious warning but drops the consistency check. Maybe
qla2x00_status_cont_entry() could return a status and the outer loop
could check at the end if sp->done() has been called. But I suppose
this should be done for all parsing functions not just for one.