Re: [git pull] drm tree for 5.4-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Sep 19 2019 - 19:39:50 EST

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:09 PM Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are a few merge conflicts across the board, we have a shared
> rerere cache which meant I hadn't noticed them until I avoided the
> cache.
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm/log/?h=drm-5.4-merge
> contains what we've done, none of them are too crazy.

Hmm. My merge isn't identical to that. It's close though. Different
order for one #define which might be just from you and me merging
different directions.

But I also ended up removing the .gem_prime_export initialization to
drm_gem_prime_export, because it's the default if none exists. That's
the left-over from

3baeeb21983a ("drm/mtk: Drop drm_gem_prime_export/import")

after the import stayed around because it got turned into an actually
non-default one.

I think that both of our merges are right - equivalent but just
slightly different.

But the reason I'm pointing this out is that I also get the feeling
that if it needs that dev->dev_private difference from the default
function in prime_import(), wouldn't it need the same for prime_export
too?

I don't know the code, and I don't know the hardware, but just from a
"pattern matching" angle I just wanted to check whether maybe there's
need for a mtk_drm_gem_prime_export() wrapper that does that same
thing with

struct mtk_drm_private *private = dev->dev_private;

.. use private->dev instead of dev->dev ..

So I'm just asking that somebody that knows that drm/mtk code should
double-check that oddity.

Thanks,
Linus