Re: "fs/namei.c: keep track of nd->root refcount status" causes boot panic

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu Sep 05 2019 - 12:47:07 EST

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 02:43:12PM +0530, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> Hi Christoph and Al Viro,
>
> Linux next 20190904 boot PASS now.
> May i know which patch fixed this problem ?

commit 84a2bd39405ffd5fa6d6d77e408c5b9210da98de
Author: Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue Jul 16 21:20:17 2019 -0400

fs/namei.c: keep track of nd->root refcount status

And I'm not going to abstain from folding the trivial fix
(LOOKUP_ROOT_GRABBED had been given the same value as LOOKUP_EMPTY)
into the commit. Sorry. I don't know how to tell CI systems out
there about cases like that ("earlier version of this commit used
to have a bug, fix folded in"). Something like
Supersedes: <list of sha1>
might or might not be useful for tracking; not sure.