Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the keys tree

From: David Howells
Date: Mon Sep 02 2019 - 19:20:19 EST

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > static inline void post_usb_device_notification(const struct usb_device *udev,
> > unsigned int subtype, u32 error) {}
>
> But not published, yet?

I was hoping to get the smack patch reviewed by Casey first, but I can
publish anyway.

> > > I then discovered that I needed to install libkeyutils-dev :-( but it
> > > built OK after that.
> >
> > ? The kernel shouldn't require that to build.
>
> I was doing an x86_64 allmodconfig build which seems to build (all of?)
> the samples.

Ah, yes - the sample demonstrates the key/keyring notifications as well as USB
and block notifications and requires a constant from the keyutils-devel
package. Maybe I should get it from the kernel UAPI headers instead, but that
risks generating a collision.

David