Re: Kernel 5.2.8 - au0828 - Tuner Is Busy

From: Nathan Royce
Date: Mon Aug 19 2019 - 19:02:29 EST

(resubmitting due to non "reply-to-all"):

Bugger, I just sent a reply to your last message, but it bounced back with:
*****
550 5.7.1 Content-Policy reject msg: The message contains HTML
subpart, therefore we consider it SPAM or Outlook Virus. TEXT/PLAIN is
accepted.! BF:<U 0.466751>; S1728494AbfHSVzk
*****
I just switched this email to plain-text and will resubmit my previous
email as plain-text.

Anyway, yeah, all I did in au0828-cards.c was add my 0x0400 like:
*****
{ USB_DEVICE(0x2040, 0x7281),
.driver_info = AU0828_BOARD_HAUPPAUGE_HVR950Q_MXL },
{ USB_DEVICE(0x05e1, 0x0400),
.driver_info = AU0828_BOARD_HAUPPAUGE_WOODBURY },
{ USB_DEVICE(0x05e1, 0x0480),
.driver_info = AU0828_BOARD_HAUPPAUGE_WOODBURY },
{ USB_DEVICE(0x2040, 0x8200),
.driver_info = AU0828_BOARD_HAUPPAUGE_WOODBURY },
*****

That's all I've ever had to do. I never knew about the quirks-table.h.
I'll take a look.
I saw in the log the 0x05e1 addition was made in 2016, but maybe it
only applies to the Media Controller API change requirement now (thus,
not having caused any problems in the past since the API wasn't being
used).

I've never sent in a patch before (anywhere. I just point out a
problem and let the dev code it in their style). Also I don't want to
be a bother in case something even that small could somehow break
something else, especially for something "off-brand"(?).
I never really minded building the module by itself.

I've just now started the build for linux-5.2.y with the
quirks-table.h change along with au0828-cards.c.
Thanks for that heads-up. Hopefully that does the trick (whatever the
trick/quirk is).