Re: devm_memremap_pages() triggers a kasan_add_zero_shadow() warning

From: Dan Williams
Date: Fri Aug 16 2019 - 17:48:27 EST

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 2:36 PM Qian Cai <cai@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Every so often recently, booting Intel CPU server on linux-next triggers this
> warning. Trying to figure out if the commit 7cc7867fb061
> ("mm/devm_memremap_pages: enable sub-section remap") is the culprit here.
>
> # ./scripts/faddr2line vmlinux devm_memremap_pages+0x894/0xc70
> devm_memremap_pages+0x894/0xc70:
> devm_memremap_pages at mm/memremap.c:307

Previously the forced section alignment in devm_memremap_pages() would
cause the implementation to never violate the KASAN_SHADOW_SCALE_SIZE
(12K on x86) constraint.

Can you provide a dump of /proc/iomem? I'm curious what resource is
triggering such a small alignment granularity.

Is it truly only linux-next or does latest mainline have this issue as well?