Re: kexec on rk3399

From: Vicente Bergas
Date: Wed Aug 14 2019 - 21:16:05 EST

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:12:26 PM CEST, Robin Murphy wrote:
On 14/08/2019 13:53, Vicente Bergas wrote:
On Monday, July 22, 2019 4:31:27 PM CEST, Vicente Bergas wrote: ...

This particular change looks like it's implicitly specific to RK3399, which wouldn't be ideal. Presumably if the core dwc3 driver implemented shutdown correctly (echoing parts of dwc3_remove(), I guess) then the glue layers shouldn't need anything special anyway.

Robin.

I just checked simple->resets from dwc3-of-simple.c and it is an array
with multiple resets whereas dwc->reset from core.c is NULL.
So the reset seems specific to the glue layers.
Is there another way than resetting the thing that is
generic enough to go to core.c and allows kexec?