Re: [v2] coccinelle: semantic code search for missing of_node_put

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Jun 29 2019 - 04:37:01 EST

> I assume that it was added because it was found to be useful.

We can get different software development opinions also on
this implementation detail.

> Please actually try things out before declaring them to be useless.

Further clarification of desirable software behaviour will help.
I dare to express doubts around the SmPL functionality âwhen != true x == NULLâ.

Would any more contributors like to share additional insights for the safer
application of the semantic patch language?

Is a reassignment of such local variable an usual precondition for
the discussed programming concern?

Regards,
Markus