Re: [Intel-wired-lan] Opportunistic S0ix blocked by e1000e when ethernet is in use

From: Kai Heng Feng
Date: Wed Jun 26 2019 - 01:49:23 EST

at 6:25 PM, Neftin, Sasha <sasha.neftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/24/2019 18:06, Kai-Heng Feng wrote:
at 19:56, Neftin, Sasha <sasha.neftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snipped]
Current HW have a limitation. Please, try follow workaround on your platform: echo 3 > /sys/kernel/debug/pmc_core/ltr_ignore

Yes, this does the trick.

On 4.15 based kernel I can see the SoC enters PC10 but SLP_S0 is not asserted.

On mainline kernel the SoC, PC10 is hit and SLP_S0 is asserted. Once SLP_S0 is asserted the SSH connection becomes really sluggish.

>> S0ix support is under discussion with our architecture. We will try
enable S0ix in our e1000e OOT driver as first step.
Is it possible to add Dynamic LTR as an option so users and downstream distros can still benefit from it?
As I said before, this is not a stable solution. No guarantee that HW will work as properly.

Can you describe the symptom of "HW will work as properlyâ? Is this the sluggish connection I observed?

Kai-Heng

Kai-Heng
Kai-Heng
Kai-Heng