Re: RISC-V nommu support v2

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Jun 24 2019 - 07:55:03 EST

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 12:47:07PM +0100, Vladimir Murzin wrote:
> Since you are using binfmt_flat which is kind of 32-bit only I was expecting to see
> CONFIG_COMPAT (or something similar to that, like ILP32) enabled, yet I could not
> find it.

There is no such thing in RISC-V. I don't know of any 64-bit RISC-V
cpu that can actually run 32-bit RISC-V code, although in theory that
is possible. There also is nothing like the x86 x32 or mips n32 mode
available either for now.

But it turns out that with a few fixes to binfmt_flat it can run 64-bit
binaries just fine. I sent that series out a while ago, and IIRC you
actually commented on it.