Re: drivers: Provide devm_platform_ioremap_resource_byname()

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Jun 14 2019 - 12:19:35 EST

>> I don't like adding new apis with no user.
>
> Perhaps Jack Ping will send it as a first patch of his series where he utilizes
> this functionality. Would it be acceptable?

The proposed function can get wider application in a reasonable time frame
if a corresponding script for the semantic patch language (Coccinelle software)
would perform an automatic source code conversion (for example)
according to your change acceptance.
How do you think about to support a bit more collateral software evolution?

Regards,
Markus