DMI: support for non-EFI platforms with non-standard SMBIOS entrypoint?

From: WANG Xuerui
Date: Fri Jun 14 2019 - 03:07:06 EST

Hi,

There are several MIPS platforms floating around with firmware SMBIOS
support, primarily Loongson 3-series, but their SMBIOS entrypoint is
non-standard. According to the SMBIOS spec the non-EFI platforms should
have the tables in the 000F_0000h-000F_FFFFh physical range, however
these boards put the table at 0FFF_E000h.

How do we enable DMI for these non-EFI yet non-standard-compliant
systems without resorting to firmware fixing, which is not always
feasible? It is possible to move the address definition to arch realm
with the standard value as default, but I would like to first ask for
suggestions, as I am fairly new to kernel development (personal hobby
for now).

Regards,

Xuerui