RE: [RFE]: watchdog: atmel: atmel-sama5d4-wdt

From: Ken Sloat
Date: Mon Jun 10 2019 - 13:44:59 EST

Hello Guenter,

> Wondering - why would this need a dt property ? That would be quite
> unusual. Is there a condition where one would _not_ want the watchdog to
> stop on suspend ?

Good point, not sure there would be.

> If anything I would suggest to drop atmel,idle-halt completely; it really looks
> like it would make the watchdog unreliable.

I agree, while it is a function of the SAMA5, it seems to me that it is not very
useful in Linux, unless I am missing something. I will wait for Nicolas to chime
in before I submit anything. I can certainly submit separate patches for each,
I already have something working for this.

> Thanks,
> Guenter

Thanks,
Ken Sloat