Re: Userspace woes with 5.1.5 due to TIPC

From: Ying Xue
Date: Fri May 31 2019 - 07:27:32 EST

On 5/31/19 7:02 PM, Jon Maloy wrote:
> This was the very reason the broken patch was introduced. AFAIK there is no problem after the corrected version of that patch was applied.

I have prepared for our patches on net-next tree. But when I checked my
patches on net tree, it's found that the issue has been fixed with
commit 526f5b851a96566803ee4bee60d0a34df56c77f8 ("tipc: fix modprobe
tipc failed after switch order of device registration"). There are four
commits which were introduced recently, and their names are quite
similar, and the fix is not merged into net-next tree, which makes me
misunderstood the issue status.

Anyway, it looks like failing to insert TIPC module has been resolved.
But I have not validated the fix by create multiple TIPC namespace, so I
am not sure whether it works normally.

Thanks,
Ying