static analysis issue in rtl8188de driver

From: Colin Ian King
Date: Sat May 04 2019 - 17:51:24 EST

Hi,

Static analysis with Coverity has found an issue in the rtl8188de
wireless driver in drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8192de/dm.c
in function tl92d_dm_txpower_tracking_callback_thermalmeter.

The issue is that u8 array ofdm_index[3] is never initialized, however
it is decremented and incremented in two places resulting in garbage
value from the stack being updated in the following code:

if (thermalvalue > rtlpriv->dm.thermalvalue) {
for (i = 0; i < rf; i++)
ofdm_index[i] -= delta;
cck_index -= delta;
} else {
for (i = 0; i < rf; i++)
ofdm_index[i] += index;
cck_index += index;
}

At my first look at the code I believe ofdm_index should be just
zero-initialized at declaration time, but I suspect that I'm overlooking
something maybe a bit deeper. Any ideas?

Colin