Re: [Lsf] [LSF/MM] Preliminary agenda ? Anyone ... anyone ? Bueller ?

From: Jonathan Adams
Date: Tue Apr 30 2019 - 12:04:17 EST

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:36 AM Martin K. Petersen
<martin.petersen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> James,
>
> > Next year, simply expand the blurb to "sponsors, partners and
> > attendees" to make it more clear ... or better yet separate them so
> > people can opt out of partner spam and still be on the attendee list.
>
> We already made a note that we need an "opt-in to be on the attendee
> list" as part of the registration process next year. That's how other
> conferences go about it...

But there was an explicit checkbox to being on the attendance list in
the registration form, on the second page:

By submitting this registration you consent to The Linuxâs
Foundationâs communication with you with respect to the event or
services to which this registration pertains.
* The Linux Foundation Communications ...
* Sponsor Communications ...
* Attendee Directory
By checking here, you opt-in to being listed in the eventâs
online attendee directory. Some of your registration data will be made
available to other event attendees in the directory (name, title,
company name only)

Why isn't that sufficient?

Cheers,
- jonathan