Re: [REGRESSION 5.0.8] Dell thunderbolt dock broken (xhci_hcd and thunderbolt)

From: Michael Hirmke
Date: Tue Apr 30 2019 - 04:39:52 EST

Hi Takashi,

[...]
>>> I also have XPS 9370 but not that particular dock. I will check tomorrow
>>> if I can reproduce it as well.
>>
>> There aren't too many changes between 5.0.7 and 5.0.8 that touch
>> PCI/ACPI. This is just a shot in the dark but could you try to revert:
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.gi
>> t/commit/?h=linux-5.0.y&id=da6a87fb0ad43ae811519d2e0aa325c7f792b13a
>>
>> and see if it makes any difference?

>OK, I'm building a test kernel package with the revert in OBS
>home:tiwai:bsc1133486 repo. A new kernel will be
>kernel-default-5.0.10-*g8edeab8:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/tiwai:/bsc1133486/standard/

>Michael, once when the new kernel is ready, please give it a try.

as far as I can see, state is back to normal with this kernel.
No more error messages or crashing modules and all devices seem to work
as expected.
Only thing is, that the external devices connected to the Thunderbolt
dock are coming up a little bit slower than with 5.0.7 - but this is
nothing, I'd worry about.

>thanks,

Thank *you*.

>Takashi