Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:LINE!

From: Ian Kent
Date: Wed Apr 10 2019 - 20:50:30 EST

On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 14:41 +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

> > > Sorry those are tags not branches.
> >
> > FWIW, that's next-20181214; it is what master had been in mid-December
> > and master is rebased every day. Can it be reproduced with the current
> > tree?
>
> From the info on the dashboard we know that it happened only once on
> d14b746c (the second one is result of reproducing the first one). So
> it was either fixed or just hard to trigger.

Looking at the source of tag next-20181214 in linux-next-history I see
this is mistake I made due to incorrect error handling which I fixed
soon after (there was in fact a double iput()).

I'm pretty sure this never made it to a released kernel so unless
there's a report of this in a stable released kernel I'm going to
move on.

Thanks
Ian