Re: [GIT PULL] PCI changes for v5.1

From: Alex G
Date: Sun Mar 17 2019 - 20:22:29 EST

On 3/17/19 4:18 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- Report PCIe links that become degraded at run-time (Alexandru Gagniuc)

Gaah. Only now as I'm about to do the rc1 release am I looking at new
runtime warnings, and noticing that this causes

genirq: Threaded irq requested with handler=NULL and !ONESHOT for irq 16
pcie_bw_notification: probe of 0000:00:1b.0:pcie010 failed with error -22

because you can't have a NULL handler for a level-triggered interrupt
(you need something to shut the interrupt off so that it doesn't keep
screaming!).

Thanks for the catch. I did not see the error on my test machines. I'll take a look tomorrow, and update through Bjorn. Seems like an easy fix.

Alex