Re: WARNING in hsr_forward_skb

From: Oliver Hartkopp
Date: Wed Mar 13 2019 - 14:26:53 EST

Hi Dimitry,

On 3/12/19 5:21 PM, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

You can see how bisection progressed and got to 4.12.0-rc2+ in the
bisection log.

The commit that it come up with looks unrelated.
I've started collecting such cases at:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/1051
and added for this case:

=====
Bisected to wrong commit.
Root cause: broken kernel boots, bugs that happen on all tests.
Boot is broken for several releases with "WARNING in hsr_forward_skb",
this switches to a bug that happens during every test "INFO: trying to
register non-static key in can_notifier", which then leads to a
completely random commit.
=====

Broken boots did not happen here. "WARNING in hsr_forward_skb" is the
crash that we pursued, so it started correctly. But then diverged to
an unrelated "INFO: trying to register non-static key in
can_notifier".

Thanks for the clarification! I really appreciate your effort with syzbot!

Best,
Oliver