Re: r8169 only works in promisc mode

From: Heiner Kallweit
Date: Sat Mar 09 2019 - 04:33:53 EST

On 09.03.2019 03:16, Alex Xu (Hello71) wrote:
> After suspending, my r8169 (not actually 8169, just that driver) only
> receives packets when in promiscuous mode. I have tried disabling all
> offload features except highdma [fixed], and it doesn't fix the issue.
>
> I am using torvalds/linux, compiled about two days ago (not sure which
> commit). I think this happened after a recent upgrade (some time in the
> past week). Given the long testing cycle, I don't really want to bisect;
> I am hoping someone has some idea of where the issue could be.

The provided information isn't enough to say anything. Please create a
bug ticket in bugzilla. Needed information:
- Last working and first failing kernel version (as reported by uname -a)
- Is 5.0 ok?
- Full dmesg log
- lspci -vv output for the network card
- If the issue happens only after resume from suspend, diff of the
chip registers (ethtool -d) before and after suspend.
- Does removing / reloading the r8169 module fix the issue?

> Please CC me on replies.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex.

Heiner