Re: [GIT PULL] csky fixup for linux-5.0-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jan 09 2019 - 13:40:44 EST

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 10:30 AM Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 06:05:01PM +0000, pr-tracker-bot@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The pull request you sent on Wed, 9 Jan 2019 22:49:57 +0800:
> >
> > > (unable to parse the git remote)
>
> I just committed a fix for this. We weren't expecting URLs without ://
> in them.

Side note: I do wish people would use the proper _public_ access.
Maybe the pr-tracker-bot might even send the person who did a pull
request a (private) notice that there is something odd when that isn't
the case?

Pull requests shouldn't use the ssh address. Yes, it may be where you
_push_ things to, and yes, I can pull from it too (since I have ssh
access to both github and kernel.org), but it's still not the proper
"public-facing" repository address. Not everybody can use those
addresses.

When I remember, I actually end up editing these things up by hand as
I do the pull, because I want the git history to show the publicly
accessible tree. I don't always remember (but I did for the csky
case).

[ In fact, for the ssh://gitolite.kernel.org case, the fixup is
automatic in my git hooks, but for github I have to do it manually ]

Linus