Re: [GIT PULL] x86/cache updates for 4.21

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Dec 28 2018 - 07:49:10 EST

* Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 12:26:12PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I've pulled this, but I think the new config option name is bad.
> >
> > I think it should probably have been called "X86_RESCTRL" instead of
> > just "RESCTRL". That's way too generic a name for something that is
> > (at least currently) very much an x86 feature.
>
> Right you are...

... and it's almost as if someone complained about this already:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/11/23/389

"Also, the Kconfig space, when it gets extended with the AMD bits, should
probably follow the same nomenclature: CONFIG_X86_CPU_RESOURCE_CONTROL=yor such."

;-)

Anyway, I kind of dropped the ball after that first round of complaints,
should have looked again.

Thanks,

Ingo