Re: x86/sgx: uapi change proposal

From: Jarkko Sakkinen
Date: Thu Dec 20 2018 - 05:30:29 EST

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 06:45:15AM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> I agree with Jethro, passing the enclave_fd as a param is obnoxious.
> And it means the user needs to open /dev/sgx to do anything with an
> enclave fd, e.g. the enclave fd might be passed to a builder thread,

Please note that this is not really a thing that I care that much in the
end of the day because either approach is straight forward to implement.
That is why asked from Jethro, which is more superfluous.

> Take a look at virt/kvm/kvm_main.c to see how KVM manages anon inodes
> and ioctls for VMs and vCPUs.

I actually grabbed anon inode code from in-kernel LE code and started to
transform it to this framework just because I was familiar with that
snippet (because I wrote it) but yeah the idea is similar as in there.

/Jarkko