Re: RT-Kernel boot stalls because of change in fs/dcache.c

From: Schrempf Frieder
Date: Wed Dec 19 2018 - 08:46:46 EST

Hi Sebastian,

On 19.12.18 12:36, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2018-12-19 07:50:17 [+0000], Schrempf Frieder wrote:
>> + linux-rt-users
>>
>> On 17.12.18 11:42, Frieder Schrempf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have tried to boot a 4.14-Kernel with the RT-patches and
>>> PREEMPT_RT_FULL on an i.MX6UL board. Unfortunately the boot stalls at
>>> some point and never finishes.
>>>
>>> I did some bisecting and found out, that reverting this change: [1],
>>> makes the board boot correctly.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help to come up with a proper fix for this?
>
> can you check if the hashtable is initialized twice?

I'm not sure how to check, but I guess you are on the right track. I can
leave the init loop for dentry_hashtable in place and remove the one for
in_lookup_hashtable in vfs_caches_init_early() and this also makes the
board boot.

Could it be, that the initializing for dentry_hashtable and
in_lookup_hashtable somehow interfere?

Thanks for your help,
Frieder