Re: objtool warnings for kernel/trace/trace_selftest_dynamic.o

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Dec 18 2018 - 18:40:17 EST

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:26:36 -0800
Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I thought that someone said that "used" would also prevent inlining.
>
> that's not correct. You need noinline

Sure, whatever. That's besides the point.

The thing is, I don't need noclone. Just remove that and keep the
noiniline, and if that keeps the functions in that file still able to
be function traced, then I'm happy.

I was only explaining why I mentioned "used" in the previous email. If
you read the part that you cut off in your reply, I said "But
regardless, whatever it takes to not let the functions be inlined is
indeed good enough."

I don't care if that's "used" on "noinline", you didn't need to waste
your time to post the assembly.

-- Steve