Re: [RFC v2] regmap: regmap-irq: Add main status register support

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon Dec 17 2018 - 12:32:51 EST

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 04:08:12PM +0200, Matti Vaittinen wrote:

> This is draft for approach proposed by Mark here:
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1812.1/07117.html

> Pretty untested and diff is done against tree where the level active IRQ
> support for regmap-irq was added. So please consider this just as a RFC
> introducing the concept. I will format correct and better tested patch if
> this is the preferred way to go.

Hrm, so the parsing code is indeed quite complicated. I suspect it
could be simplified if instead of trying to allocate just what's used it
was a bit more wasteful and allocated the biggest arrays we might need
but I'm not sure how much that'd really help so yeah, doing it the other
way around might be better.