Re: INFO: rcu detected stall in xfrm_hash_rebuild

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Fri Dec 14 2018 - 09:56:58 EST

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 03:35:32PM +0100, Florian Westphal wrote:

> Ok. An alternative would be to remove the support for
> policy hash table thresholds (which decide what kinds of policies
> go to exact table and which ones go into inexact ones), i.e.
> partially revert 880a6fab8f6ba5b5abe59ea6
> ("xfrm: configure policy hash table thresholds by netlink").
>
> This would remove the need for the rehashing support that
> re-sorts the policies into either exact/inexact lists) when the
> those tunables are changed.
>
> We could also easily convert the exact table to an rhashtable
> then if we wanted to.

We could also do both. In fact that was the reason why I started
working on rhashtable in the first place. The idea is to extend
the run-time rehashing to include both parts of the database.

So you would look up the old table/list combo and then move onto
the new one.

Of course I never had time to finish this and I think the entity
asking for this has moved onto something else.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>