Re: [ v3 2/3] mtd: rawnand: stm32_fmc2: add STM32 FMC2 NAND flash controller driver

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Thu Dec 13 2018 - 05:45:51 EST

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:53 PM Christophe Kerello
<christophe.kerello@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/7/18 10:06 AM, Linus Walleij wrote:

> Based on FMC2 datasheet,
> The FMC2 controller includes 2 memory controllers:
> - the NOR/PSRAM memory controller
> - the NAND memory controller
>
> The NOR/PSRAM controller mapping is starting at 0.
> The NAND controller mapping is starting at 0x80.
>
> We have only planned to develop a driver for the NAND memory controller.
> There is currently no customer request to develop the NOR/PSRAM memory
> controller.

OK I get it, so there is no FSMC (v1), but a NOR controller, thanks!

If people need to access the NOR controller I think they can just patch
your driver to handle both or have a second driver on the side
(I suspect the pins are anyways set up such that you can just
use either NOR or NAND.)

Yours,
Linus Walleij