Re: kvm: RDTSCP on AMD

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Dec 10 2018 - 15:39:32 EST

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 06:08:43PM -0200, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
> | The Opteron_G2, OpteronG3, Opteron_G4, and Opteron_G5 CPU
> | models require KVM support for RDTSCP, which was added on
> | Linux 4.5.

I've added that to the current diff:

"The OpteronG[345] CPU models require KVM support for RDTSCP, which was
added with Linux 4.5."

In the meantime, I tried executing RDTSCP on a K8 laptop and it gave
SIGILL so I'd say the AMD docs have a typo and family 0xf - at least the
A-E revisions of which model 6 is a part of - doesn't have RDTSCP.

But let's see...

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.