Re: kvm: RDTSCP on AMD

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Dec 10 2018 - 13:42:00 EST

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 04:37:30PM -0200, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
> It isn't as simply as reverting commit 33b5e8c03ae7, but we can
> surely re-add RDTSCP on pc-*-4.0 and newer.

Sure. If you could only point me to an example how to add that to
pc-*-4.0 and newer, I'll gladly cook up a patch and test it.

> I thought we added documentation mentioning the minimum kernel
> version required by QEMU, but I can't find it. In either case,
> it seems reasonable to require Linux 4.5 or newer on newer
> machine-types.

When you say "require" does that mean, one puts it in a text file
somewhere in the qemu sources or do we enforce it somehow?

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.