Recommended driver for current AMD processors

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Fri Dec 07 2018 - 10:32:28 EST

Dear Linux folks,

What driver is recommended for current AMD Ryzen based processors
like *AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 1500 Quad-Core Processor* or *AMD EPYC 7601
32-Core Processor*?

Only from the acpi-cpufreq Kconfig description, I assume, that that
driver should be used.

> config X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ
> tristate "ACPI Processor P-States driver"
> depends on ACPI_PROCESSOR
> help
> This driver adds a CPUFreq driver which utilizes the ACPI
> Processor Performance States.
> This driver also supports Intel Enhanced Speedstep and newer
> AMD CPUs.
>
> To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
> module will be called acpi-cpufreq.
>
> For details, take a look at <file:Documentation/cpu-freq/>.
>
> If in doubt, say N.

Would a ânativeâ driver like Intelâs P state driver also give better
results? Do you know if AMD is working on something like that?

Kind regards,

Paul