Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm64 tree with Linus' tree

From: Suzuki K Poulose
Date: Fri Dec 07 2018 - 09:27:17 EST

Will, Stephen

On 07/12/2018 12:16, Will Deacon wrote:
On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 09:18:47AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the arm64 tree got a conflict in:

arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c

between commit:

ce8c80c536da ("arm64: Add workaround for Cortex-A76 erratum 1286807")

from Linus' tree and commit:

c9460dcb06ee ("arm64: capabilities: Merge entries for ARM64_WORKAROUND_CLEAN_CACHE")

from the arm64 tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

Thanks, Stephen, this looks correct to me. Suzuki -- can you please confirm?

Yes, it looks correct to me did a boot test.

Thanks Stephen!

Cheers
Suzuki