Layerscape UE detected and no EDAC panic

From: Tracy Smith
Date: Wed Dec 05 2018 - 18:41:38 EST

> I can't help you on that. I never tried to force errors by grounding the
> signals. You have read the driver. Do you see panic? The idea is to
> report the error and let upper layer to decide what to do. Sometimes
> limping forward is better than reset or panic. Again, it is not driver's
> responsibility.

Thanks for the clarification York. Yes there is panic code in the EDAC
upper layer, but no panic occurred. A UE was printed on the serial
console, and the layerscape board reset.

The reason it did not panic is because edac_mc_panic_on_ue has to be
set at runtime. Just validated this will cause a panic when set. No
memory UE should reset the board, so this was caused because of
grounding the data line and an issue with how I'm testing for a UE not
related to a UE itself.

echo "1" > /sys/module/edac_core/parameters/edac_mc_panic_on_ue this
is the way to force a panic on a UE error.

MODULE_PARM_DESC(edac_mc_panic_on_ue, "Panic on uncorrected error: 0=off 1=on");

So, this is validated. Produced a UE and was able to avoid a panic and
I was able to induce a panic on a UE. I'm satisfied with this. thanks
again!!