Re: MPX is broken for 32bit programs on a 64bit host

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Wed Dec 05 2018 - 08:27:16 EST

On 2018-11-29 09:13:04 [-0800], Dave Hansen wrote:
> On 11/29/18 6:17 AM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> > This is broken since v4.12-rc1. This is known [1] since April this year.
> > Should I send a removal patch for MPX or is someone actually going to
> > fix this? Or do we wait for gcc-9 to be released?
>
> I've got a git tree prepared to do MPX removal. I'll send a pull
> request for 4.21 (or whatever we call it).

Cold you please do it soon? I saw it on k.o. and it collides with my FPU
patches. I think that the MPX removal will be routed via the TIP tree.
So once it is there (and waiting for the merge window to open), I could
rebase my things on top of it (I doubt that it will be the other way
around).

Sebastian