Re: Compiling with old gcc breaks when CONFIG_RETPOLINE is off

From: Zhenzhong Duan
Date: Tue Dec 04 2018 - 09:49:29 EST

Since commit '315bab4e972d kbuild: fix endless syncconfig in case arch Makefile sets CROSS_COMPILE',

arch/$(SRCARCH)/Makefile is moved ahead of include/config/%.conf synchonization in root Makefile.

So all the CONFIG_* option used in arch/$(SRCARCH)/Makefile may have stale value if they were just updated in .config.

This looks like an issue. I'm not familiar with kbuild. Ccing Yamada for help.

Thanks

Zhenzhong