Re: lightnvm: pblk: avoid ref warning on cache creation

From: Matias BjÃrling
Date: Fri Nov 23 2018 - 03:24:04 EST

On 11/23/2018 09:16 AM, Javier Gonzalez wrote:

On 23 Nov 2018, at 09.14, Matias BjÃrling <mb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/22/2018 02:46 PM, Javier GonzÃlez wrote:
Matias,
Can you pick this up for 4.20? Even though it is not an error per se, it
does trigger an ugly false positive warning when CONFIG_REFCOUNT_FULL is
set.
Thanks,
Javier
Javier GonzÃlez (1):
lightnvm: pblk: avoid ref warning on cache creation
drivers/lightnvm/pblk-init.c | 14 +++++---------

It is too late to get it for 4.20. I'll pull it in for 4.21.

Well, if it is a fix itâs not too late AFAIK. It also applies to a patch picked up in this series. We should have catches this before.

But I guess itâs your call.

There is a likelihood that Linus would catch it, with the result of fire & fury. I don't feel like using one of my cat life's for this one.

We can put on a Fixes: 1864de94ec9d6 "lightnvm: pblk: stop recreating global caches" if you want Greg and friends to pick picked it up for stable kernels?

I didnât add it as it is not a bug in itself. But it is good to add it. Can you do it.

I'll do it.

Javier.