Resend: How to handle the SMMU RAS Error in the kernel

From: gengdongjiu
Date: Sat Nov 17 2018 - 10:41:34 EST

Hi robin/will/James

In the current kernel, it only handles three kinds of error, which is
memory error, PCIE device and ARM process. But now the SMMU already
support the RAS, how to handle the SMMU RAS error in the kernel?

I check the UEFI_SPEC_2.7, the ACPI's CPER have the IOMMU type, but it
seems the IOMMU type only are specific to AMDâs IOMMU specification,
not have the ARMâs IOMMU section type, can we reuse this IOMMU section
type for the ARM SMMU?

N.2.11.3 IOMMU specific DMAr Error Section

Type: {0x036F84E1, 0x7F37, 0x428c, {0xA7, 0x9E, 0x57, 0x5F, 0xDF,
0xAA, 0x84, 0xEC}}

All fields in this error record are specific to AMDâs IOMMU
specification. This error section has a fixed size.