Re: Regression in next with spi return from transfer_one()

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Nov 15 2018 - 17:13:00 EST

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 01:14:51PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Commit 810923f3bf06 ("spi: Deal with slaves that return from
> transfer_one() unfinished") causes a regression at least on
> droid 4 with SPI PMIC and regulators on the PMIC. During boot
> the device just hangs there waiting for rootfs to appear on
> MMC. Reverting 810923f3bf06 makes things work again.

> Any ideas why this might be?

Wow, that's not obvious... as far as I can tell the code in the !slave
case is identical so unless the controller is somehow getting mistakenly
flagged as a slave it looks like it should be something to do with it
being pushed into a function. Could you try logging what the timeout
ends up getting set to?